Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: In line Chlorinator

1. Back To Top    #1

Central Alabama

In line Chlorinator

Switching from salt to pucks this year as our old Intex rusted out from the salt. Am I better to get a floater for the pucks or would an in line chlorinator work better? Does anyone have any pics of any inline chlorinators for pucks they use with an Intex?
    Intex Ultra 16x48
    Intex 2650 Sand Filter
    Installed June 2, 2012

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: In line Chlorinator

Do to the fact that pucks are almost half stabilizer/CYA we generally do not recommend their use. If not a SWCG, then an automated liquid deliver system is much better like a Liquidator or Stenner pump.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Agree with Tim, but if you go the puck route (and are extremely diligent about monitoring the CYA and keep the FC correct as the CYA rises), then an in-line is better than a floater IMO.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Birmingham, Alabama

Tim and Jb have it covered. Roll, if you don't mind me asking, why not use bleach instead? It's cheaper with way less side effects than tablets. Trust me, you will thank us later on down the road. You will save money on water to refill your pool and chemical costs in general.
    Above Ground 30' by 54" 22,600
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter w/ 1.5HP Dual Speed Hayward Powerflo Matrix Pump
    TF100 Test Kit
    BBB ALL the way!
    Questions about pool care? Visit Pool School