Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Deep cleaning a Side discharge Triton 2 Sand filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Deep cleaning a Side discharge Triton 2 Sand filter

I can't deep clean it cause the water runs out the pipes.

I stuck a hose in it and let it run, and tried dumping buckets of water in it... it all runs out before it pushes over the top

Any Ideas?
    Triton<sup></sup> C and Triton C-3
    IG, 25k gallons, 20x40 ft, Plaster, Pentair sand filter, variable speed pump, have a well, TF-100 test kit, Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Deep cleaning a Side discharge Triton 2 Sand filter

My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

You should turn the multiport valve to off and valve off any other pipes. As YS said, remove the top and clean away.

I have this exact same filter and have done it a couple of times.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

4. Back To Top    #4

o.... the other pipes... that may be why... ah... Silly Newb
    IG, 25k gallons, 20x40 ft, Plaster, Pentair sand filter, variable speed pump, have a well, TF-100 test kit, Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Puppiesonacid View Post
    o.... the other pipes... that may be why... ah... Silly Newb
    we all have to learn. That is why we help other out here.....
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

6. Back To Top    #6

Well... I just figured it shut off the whole sand filter... but i did see a gushing in the pool pump well with the basket... need to turn the returns from the pool to closed is what you are saying...

Thanks

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Puppiesonacid View Post
    Well... I just figured it shut off the whole sand filter... but i did see a gushing in the pool pump well with the basket... need to turn the returns from the pool to closed is what you are saying...

Thanks
    If the pool equipment is lower than the pool, yes. If you don't valve everything off water will flow to the lowest open pipe.....

8. Back To Top    #8

lol... it's all that acid, man. <guffaw!>
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

9. Back To Top    #9

Ha. it is a song name Dream Theater. And just random enough to use for screen names that leaves people wondering