New to the forum

May 25, 2016
Richardson, TX
Hey y'all. I'm new to the forum and already got some fantastic help in another thread from a local Dallasite. We purchased our home in the middle of pool season last year so this is our first full season. Already been enjoying the water.

The pool is an in-ground vinyl liner 48500 gal. It has a 1.5 hp Hayward Century pump and Pentair FNS Plus 60 Sq ft. DE Filter. I look forward to learning all about my pool from all these knowledgable members.

Sincerely,

TXKnight

That's all?!?! A pool that size..... I can't even imagine having to vacuum it. Can we see a picture of it?

I love those big old pools...probably has a diving board too, huh? <deep sigh> I wish I had a diving board. darn it. :sad:
It had a diving board. It's sitting in the closet in the garage now. I don't vacuum it. Wife bought me a robotic vacuum.
IMG_9729.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

How can I add multiple photos? This forum is only letting me update 2 and won't let me link imgur photos directly.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Mine has a HUGE diving board, commercial. It isn't even legal to current code. Man it launches the divers!

These big pools are great to look at and swim in, but they are a lot more work. I only vacuum mine once per year after the fall is over. The robot takes over from there. Technically, it's not a vacuum. It's one of those leaf bags you use a water hose for.

IMG_0857_zpsa2xai4k9.jpg

Mine has a HUGE diving board, commercial. It isn't even legal to current code. Man it launches the divers!

These big pools are great to look at and swim in, but they are a lot more work. I only vacuum mine once per year after the fall is over. The robot takes over from there. Technically, it's not a vacuum. It's one of those leaf bags you use a water hose for.

IMG_0857_zpsa2xai4k9.jpg
Everything IS bigger in Texas!

OMG RobbieH. I can't *believe* how filthy your pool is!!

I mean... there is a leaf in there... lower left corner. Geesh. They should make you turn in your Expert badge for that!!! ;)

Gorgeous... I'm mega jelly about that diving board too. Your water is pristine.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow TXKnight- what a pretty yard, deck and pool you have. Just the perfect spot. Well done!

I mean... there is a leaf in there... lower left corner. Geesh. They should make you turn in your Expert badge for that!!! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Wow TXKnight- what a pretty yard, deck and pool you have. Just the perfect spot. Well done!
Thanks, but I can't take all the credit. The original homeowner built the balcony and put the pool in. I just powerwashed the limestone deck last summer and keep photinia and the grass cut (it's got a lot of weeds still). Not pictured are the goodies like the LED TV and sound system ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

- - - Updated - - -

We have been getting a lot of storms and wind in the area over the last few weeks. About an hour after that picture, the pool was completely clean as the robot did his job. :)