Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to the forum

1. Back To Top    #1

New to the forum

Hey y'all. I'm new to the forum and already got some fantastic help in another thread from a local Dallasite. We purchased our home in the middle of pool season last year so this is our first full season. Already been enjoying the water.

The pool is an in-ground vinyl liner 48500 gal. It has a 1.5 hp Hayward Century pump and Pentair FNS Plus 60 Sq ft. DE Filter. I look forward to learning all about my pool from all these knowledgable members.

Sincerely,

TXKnight
    33,1K gallon IG Vinyl - 1.5hp Sta-Rite Supermax VS - Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE filter - 35w 12v Pentair Color Change - Aquabot Pro IG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to the forum

48.5K! Oooh! That's a good-sized one. Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! Yeah. I'm using about 1 gallon of 13% chlorine a week.
    33,1K gallon IG Vinyl - 1.5hp Sta-Rite Supermax VS - Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE filter - 35w 12v Pentair Color Change - Aquabot Pro IG

4. Back To Top    #4

You are the perfect candidate for one of these. I'm loving mine so far, much better than the one I replaced it with.
    CircuPool® RJ-60 Salt Pool System

If you add it to the cart, the price should go down to around $1100.

A gallon a week doesn't sound all that bad, but are you waiting a week to add it?
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by TXKnight View Post
    Thanks! Yeah. I'm using about 1 gallon of 13% chlorine a week.
    That's all?!?! A pool that size..... I can't even imagine having to vacuum it. Can we see a picture of it?

I love those big old pools...probably has a diving board too, huh? <deep sigh> I wish I had a diving board. darn it.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    That's all?!?! A pool that size..... I can't even imagine having to vacuum it. Can we see a picture of it?

I love those big old pools...probably has a diving board too, huh? <deep sigh> I wish I had a diving board. darn it.
    It had a diving board. It's sitting in the closet in the garage now. I don't vacuum it. Wife bought me a robotic vacuum.
    IMG_9729.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

How can I add multiple photos? This forum is only letting me update 2 and won't let me link imgur photos directly.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

7. Back To Top    #7

Mine has a HUGE diving board, commercial. It isn't even legal to current code. Man it launches the divers!

These big pools are great to look at and swim in, but they are a lot more work. I only vacuum mine once per year after the fall is over. The robot takes over from there. Technically, it's not a vacuum. It's one of those leaf bags you use a water hose for.

Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
    Mine has a HUGE diving board, commercial. It isn't even legal to current code. Man it launches the divers!

These big pools are great to look at and swim in, but they are a lot more work. I only vacuum mine once per year after the fall is over. The robot takes over from there. Technically, it's not a vacuum. It's one of those leaf bags you use a water hose for.

Everything IS bigger in Texas!

9. Back To Top    #9

OMG RobbieH. I can't *believe* how filthy your pool is!!

I mean... there is a leaf in there... lower left corner. Geesh. They should make you turn in your Expert badge for that!!!

Gorgeous... I'm mega jelly about that diving board too. Your water is pristine.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow TXKnight- what a pretty yard, deck and pool you have. Just the perfect spot. Well done!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

10. Back To Top    #10

I mean... there is a leaf in there... lower left corner. Geesh. They should make you turn in your Expert badge for that!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow TXKnight- what a pretty yard, deck and pool you have. Just the perfect spot. Well done!
    Thanks, but I can't take all the credit. The original homeowner built the balcony and put the pool in. I just powerwashed the limestone deck last summer and keep photinia and the grass cut (it's got a lot of weeds still). Not pictured are the goodies like the LED TV and sound system

11. Back To Top    #11

- - - Updated - - -

We have been getting a lot of storms and wind in the area over the last few weeks. About an hour after that picture, the pool was completely clean as the robot did his job.