Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Volley Ball Net, basketball Hoop

1. Back To Top    #1

Hopkinton, MA

Question Volley Ball Net, basketball Hoop

My kids are hoping to get a basketball hoop for the pool, and they would also like a volley net. I have read reviews on different sites, and was hoping some here with these products could recommend a well made hoop? My kids are older (12 & 14) so a small rinky dink hoop and volley net will not suffice.
    Any input is very much appreciated!
    In ground Liner, MBP-125A Heat Pump by Aqua Heat , built 2003, 18x37 Grecian style, System 3 sta-rite filter. @22,000 gal, Poolmaster 22260 5-Way Test Kit, USQ1102pump installed 6/2016

2. Back To Top    #2
    Central Minnesota

Re: Volley Ball Net, basketball Hoop

The Dunn-Rite models of basketball hoops get good reviews overall. I know a user here who added a Dunn-Rite hoop to their pool and were very happy with it. However, it was the $800 model not the $200 model... My neighbors have an adjustable height, weighted base basketball hoop that's designed for driveways by their pool. The hoop is a lot higher from the pool surface though on that one and I'm not sure how long it would hold up getting splashed with SWG pool water or even regular pool water.

They also make volleyball net set ups as well so I'd look at those.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons