Which Pentair heat pump is right for my pool?

Mtilley

May 25, 2016
Manorville, NY
I decided to go with a heat pump this year to heat my pool. My pool is 20x40 (free form) with a spa with an overflow. I approximate it's about 34,000 gallons. I was deciding originally between Pentair and Aquacal. I decided to go with the Pentair because I couldn't find any major differences between the two and the Pentair is about $1200 cheaper. I'm just trying to confirm if the model I am looking at is the correct one. I am looking at the Pentair ultra temp 140, model 460934. It is their largest one I believe. I have seen it listed at 132,000 btu and 140,000 btu (which is odd). I'm assuming I would just need the one phase. I've been trying to do my research as well as I can. Does the 140 sound like the correct model for my setup and anyone who has it already, any opinions?
Thanks
Mike

Welcome to TFP :)

The bigger the better, they will heat faster and will have to run less (time wise) yes it will eat through more KW while it is running but that is the trade off... They work best when you set the temp and leave it there and also put an 8mil solar cover on to keep the heat in :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.