Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Which Pentair heat pump is right for my pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Manorville, NY

Which Pentair heat pump is right for my pool?

I decided to go with a heat pump this year to heat my pool. My pool is 20x40 (free form) with a spa with an overflow. I approximate it's about 34,000 gallons. I was deciding originally between Pentair and Aquacal. I decided to go with the Pentair because I couldn't find any major differences between the two and the Pentair is about $1200 cheaper. I'm just trying to confirm if the model I am looking at is the correct one. I am looking at the Pentair ultra temp 140, model 460934. It is their largest one I believe. I have seen it listed at 132,000 btu and 140,000 btu (which is odd). I'm assuming I would just need the one phase. I've been trying to do my research as well as I can. Does the 140 sound like the correct model for my setup and anyone who has it already, any opinions?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Which Pentair heat pump is right for my pool?

Yes, the biggest one is the right one. It will heat your pool faster.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Which Pentair heat pump is right for my pool?

Welcome to TFP

The bigger the better, they will heat faster and will have to run less (time wise) yes it will eat through more KW while it is running but that is the trade off... They work best when you set the temp and leave it there and also put an 8mil solar cover on to keep the heat in
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **