How strong are Doughboy AGPs?

Aug 5, 2013
Long time pool owner possibly looking for replacement. I was looking at Doughboy as a replacement and noticed the following disclaimer. At first I was thinking there was concern about the pool failing/bursting. On second glance it is probably trying to avoid people getting hurt by doing something dumb. We have a house downhill from our house and I am concerned about impact if something bursts. :-? Your thoughts?

<<Important: Misuse of your pool may result in crippling injury and/or other dangers to life and health. Do not dive or jump. Do not use slides, diving boards, or any other platform or object which can be used for improper pool entry. Use only an above-ground swimming pool ladder to enter or exit your pool. It is your responsibility to secure your pool against unauthorized, unsupervised or unintentional entry.>>

I just bought a doughboy after a lot of research. And everyone I spoke to or everything I read said they are the best out there. That statement is a cover your a## that I'm sure all manufacturers have somewhere

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

From researching over the years, I would say that they are very well built pools. I've heard nothing but good things about them. I think you'll be fine! Also about that disclaimer, that is in no way a bad sign for pool integrity. It's simply a safety/liability notice. It's to protect them legally if anything were to happen. Depending on the pool size, you could most likely re use your current filter system as well!

The disclaimer is their legalese way of telling you a 4 foot deep pool is too shallow for diving. They actually have a very good reputation for durability. As long as the pool is well maintained, (as in take care of surface rust before it turns into a larger problem, chemicals balanced, and water level maintained) and properly installed, (level, firm soil) you should not have a problem with structural integrity.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.