Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How strong are Doughboy AGPs?

1. Back To Top    #1

How strong are Doughboy AGPs?

Long time pool owner possibly looking for replacement. I was looking at Doughboy as a replacement and noticed the following disclaimer. At first I was thinking there was concern about the pool failing/bursting. On second glance it is probably trying to avoid people getting hurt by doing something dumb. We have a house downhill from our house and I am concerned about impact if something bursts. Your thoughts?

<<Important: Misuse of your pool may result in crippling injury and/or other dangers to life and health. Do not dive or jump. Do not use slides, diving boards, or any other platform or object which can be used for improper pool entry. Use only an above-ground swimming pool ladder to enter or exit your pool. It is your responsibility to secure your pool against unauthorized, unsupervised or unintentional entry.>>
    South Phila PA area.

Sundance Spa; Chelsea (468 gallons). Former 28ft AGP owner for 20 years.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How strong are Doughboy AGPs?

I just bought a doughboy after a lot of research. And everyone I spoke to or everything I read said they are the best out there. That statement is a cover your a## that I'm sure all manufacturers have somewhere

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    12' x 24' (21100 gal) Doughboy Desert Spring w/ Deep End, Hayward SP15922S Power-Flo Matrix Above-Ground Pump 2-Speed,
    Hayward S210T Pro Series, Hayward H100ID1 H-Series , Hayward AQ-TROL-RJ AquaTrol Salt, TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

Forgot to add that we have Golden Retrievers that I would like to let swim in the pool.
    South Phila PA area.

Sundance Spa; Chelsea (468 gallons). Former 28ft AGP owner for 20 years.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Birmingham, Alabama

From researching over the years, I would say that they are very well built pools. I've heard nothing but good things about them. I think you'll be fine! Also about that disclaimer, that is in no way a bad sign for pool integrity. It's simply a safety/liability notice. It's to protect them legally if anything were to happen. Depending on the pool size, you could most likely re use your current filter system as well!
    Above Ground 30' by 54" 22,600
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter w/ 1.5HP Dual Speed Hayward Powerflo Matrix Pump
    TF100 Test Kit
    BBB ALL the way!
    Questions about pool care? Visit Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5
    Houston, Texas

The disclaimer is their legalese way of telling you a 4 foot deep pool is too shallow for diving. They actually have a very good reputation for durability. As long as the pool is well maintained, (as in take care of surface rust before it turns into a larger problem, chemicals balanced, and water level maintained) and properly installed, (level, firm soil) you should not have a problem with structural integrity.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Denton, TX

We love our Doughboy. All 4 of our kids (2 big teenagers) will jump in at the same time and we have NO worries about the integrity of the pool.
    18 X 34 AGP 7ft deep end, 22,300 gallons. 250lb sand filter, 2 speed 1.5 hp pump. TF-100 Test Kit.

7. Back To Top    #7

My parents still have the Doughboy I put in 30 years ago. They LAST!
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System