Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Guy

1. Back To Top    #1

New Guy

Hi.

I wanted to poke my head in and say "hi" and thank you for the site.

We've got a small pool that we put in two seasons ago using Baquacil. It is our first pool, so we don't have much experience, and were lured in by the low maintenance aspect of this option. We weren't clear on how much more expensive an option it was, but didn't know any better, so just went with it. In our second season, we had some pretty bad hazing and threw many hundreds of dollars at trying to clear it up with proprietary/Baquacil branded chemicals. We were never able to get back to that crystal clear water we had in the first season. Some googling later and I ended up here at TFP, and saw that this isn't an unusual set of issues.

After the experience last season, the expense involved, feeling locked into a particular pool store only brand, and sharing a lot of what I'd read on TFP, I was able to convince the family that we should give chlorine a try.

After letting the pool sit all winter with no treatment, we recently picked up a TFT-100 XL kit and have stocked up on bleach and are ready to give it a shot. Here goes!

Thanks for this great resource.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Guy

You and your wallet are going to LOVE the TFP way! You just thought your water was clear before!

When you are ready to start the change PLEASE start a new thread here:

Baquacil - Use and Conversion

AND post LOTS of pictures as we LOVE to see it happen and we can tell how it is going with the pictures.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

We'll be here if you need us. Have the camera charged & ready to go. Great to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the kind greetings.

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP! You will NOT regret converting. I can't even imagine how much money you will save a year using the BBB method. If you haven't already, please consider browsing through the Pool School. Click the link on the upper right hand corner of the site to visit!
    Above Ground 30' by 54" 22,600
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter w/ 1.5HP Dual Speed Hayward Powerflo Matrix Pump
    TF100 Test Kit
    BBB ALL the way!
    Questions about pool care? Visit Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome! Congrats on dumping the baq!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter