Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help finding replacement Cartridge

1. Back To Top    #1

Help finding replacement Cartridge

Pool installed two seasons ago. Filter is a Hayward Swimclear Model C6060BHMB. The label on the filter (see photos) shows the replacement cartridge to be a CX1390REM. A google search of either model number shows no results. Any suggestions?

53K Gallon Plaster in-ground with ALL Hayward equipment including Omnilogic Automation, Phantom Turbo Cleaner, SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Heater, Dual T-15 Salt cells. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speedstir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help finding replacement Cartridge

I'm not seeing it either. But what I would suggest is contacting Inyopools. They had the -1380, just not your -1390. But maybe they can get it for you?
    Generic Hayward Filter Cartridges - INYOPools.com
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I'll try that. Thanks. I was also thinking of contacting Hayward support on their website. I just find it strange not to see these model numbers listed anywhere.

53K Gallon Plaster in-ground with ALL Hayward equipment including Omnilogic Automation, Phantom Turbo Cleaner, SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Heater, Dual T-15 Salt cells. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speedstir.

4. Back To Top    #4

That's because that model, c6060bhmb doesn't really exist per Hayward. It is a Blue haven product. They like to throw people off with their labels. Blue haven habitually makes their products out of parts pulled from different brands put together. Typically an equivalent replacement to a hayward cartridge that filters 150 sq ft times 4 will fit that particular filter u have. Cx5030c manifold assembly will fit that particular filter you have if you need to replace the manifold. Saving u the time to do a search as I've done it just now for a customer .

5. Back To Top    #5

I have the exact same equipment. What filter cartridge replacement did you end up purchasing and did you like it? Two of my filters are cracked and they are getting so gummed up it is time to replace them.
    in-ground, BlueHaven pool, Swim Clear Filter, pebble sheen interior (like pebble tec), I'll enter the rest when I find my pool file.

6. Back To Top    #6

I was able to find the right replacement cartridges for my Hayward Swimclear Model C6060BHMB. They are the Pleatco PA131 cartridges which are available in singles or 4-packs. I purchased a 4-pack from Backyard Superstore on eBay.

7. Back To Top    #7

Very good! Perhaps your experience will help others who end-up banging their head looking for a replacement. Nice work.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

8. Back To Top    #8

I've had the same problem and could find nothing until I stumbled on this while searching for CX1390REM...Thanks!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by zamazing View Post
    I was able to find the right replacement cartridges for my Hayward Swimclear Model C6060BHMB. They are the Pleatco PA131 cartridges which are available in singles or 4-packs. I purchased a 4-pack from Backyard Superstore on eBay.
    How old is your filtering system? do you mind posting how much you spent for all four of them?

Thank you and glad you were able to find them - great team work here
    InGround 15K gal, 18'x30' 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' spillover Spa, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, ProLogic, PL-PS-8 Panel, Hayward 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Hapersson View Post
    I've had the same problem and could find nothing until I stumbled on this while searching for CX1390REM...Thanks!
    I'm glad that my post was able to help
    out. I think you'll be really happy with the Pleatco filters. They seem to be lasting better than the original Haywards.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by tstex View Post
    How old is your filtering system? do you mind posting how much you spent for all four of them?

Thank you and glad you were able to find them - great team work here
    My pool was put in three years ago. The Hayward cartridges lasted for two seasons.

The Pleatco 131 4-pack is under $200 on eBay.

12. Back To Top    #12

I also have the Blue Haven C6060BHMB (Blue Haven Micro Ban). Any reason you did not select the Pleatco PA137-M (microban version) or the PA137? They appear to have the same dimensions (7"x32.75"), but greater surface area filtration (137 vs. 131sq.ft.).