Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Skimmer with Dual Inlets

1. Back To Top    #1

Minot, ND

Hayward Skimmer with Dual Inlets

I have an Intex 18X9X52 with the 1200gph sand filter and Intex SWG. It has only been up for about a week and I can see already that a skimmer is needed. I have been looking at the Hayward SP1091LX and I was wondering your thoughts on installing it in place of one of the inlets (my pool has two) or can I keep using both inlets as intended and simply T-off of both for the skimmer?

I would like to be able to run this with both inlets so if I can T-off of them, would anyone have a part number or ideas for the T valve? The inlets have the smaller style hoses and I would like to utilize those until I can convert everything to pvc next year.

Thank You!
    Trying to live the easy life :-)

Intex AGP 18X9X52; Intex Sandfilter/Pump; Index Salt Water System

2. Back To Top    #2
    Hamilton Michigan

Re: Hayward Skimmer with Dual Inlets

I have a 22x52 round with the twin inlets. I also just installed the same skimmer. For now i took the hose of the valve from both inlets and run it to the bottom of the skimmer and left the valve to the outlets closed for now. Once I upgrade to a sand filter i was going to go with pvc and just t one of the inlets with the skimmer. But as for now im sure you can rig something with some pvc adapters real quick
    Intex AG metal frame vinyl sides 10,400 gal. 3000 gph intex pump with 16" sand filter