Newb here, TF-100?

Unknownhavoc

Bronze Supporter
May 24, 2016
Lehigh Valley, PA
Hello all,
I spent all day yesterday and today going over the Pool School. I am looking to open my pool this weekend(this is my first time ever), and see that testing the water is a must, so I wanted to get a good kit. I see that the TF-100 is highly recommended. Is their anything else that is recommended over and above this kit?

I see they have add-ons for an XL-kit, and a magnetic stirrer, are either of these things needed/very helpful?

Thanks!

If you don't have a saltwater generator or plan to use borates, the TF100 is all you'll need.

The Xl option is a wise investment, because you'll be burning through the powder pretty good until the Mad Scientist Playset loses some of its novelty, and that particular refill is virtually impossible to find locally.

Nobody who has a speedstir regrets buying it. If you spring for one, get a couple extra stirbars either through TFtestkits or from someone on eBay. Then you can run all the tests before you have to wash dishes.

Don't forget, you get a discount for being a supporter. If you haven't received your discount code, follow up on that before you order.

If you don't have a saltwater generator or plan to use borates, the TF100 is all you'll need.

The Xl option is a wise investment, because you'll be burning through the powder pretty good until the Mad Scientist Playset loses some of its novelty, and that particular refill is virtually impossible to find locally.

Nobody who has a speedstir regrets buying it. If you spring for one, get a couple extra stirbars either through TFtestkits or from someone on eBay. Then you can run all the tests before you have to wash dishes.

Don't forget, you get a discount for being a supporter. If you haven't received your discount code, follow up on that before you order.

Can I buy just any old 1" Magnetic stirring stick? I placed the order before you replied :(

Can I buy just any old 1" Magnetic stirring stick? I placed the order before you replied :(
Yeah. They're 8mm X 25 mm. Search magnetic stirbar on eBay. I got mine from some homebrewer's supply place. Three more is all you need. One for the FC/CC test. One for TA, one for the CH test which you can do in the cylinder that comes with the speedstir, and one to drop into the CYA mixing bottle, which conveniently fits on the speedstir. pH doesn't need stirring, just a couple inversions to mix it all. Run all the tests, then dump it all out and do the dishes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.