Will Flagstone sealer stop erosion?

gm said:
Anyone have experience with sealer on flagstone, and if it will stop or slow the sand coming off the flagstone? If so, what sealer did you use?
The only sealer that I've seen used on flagstone was polyeurothane (sp?). It was very shiny, meaning very slick when it was wet; not good for a pool deck. My personal experience was stripping the old 'scarred' finish, applying the new finish, then slipping on it after a rain :hammer: !

Is the material actual particles of the flagstone that have been broken due to water and possible freezing or is it the motar from the joints?
I would think that any sealer would have to be pretty thick to stop 'sand' from coming off of it, but...

Do you have a salt water chlorine generation system by chance? I've heard of problems in this area with the salt water dissolving limestone rocks. :( But I don't know of a good way to seal the surface without creating the slippery surface mentioned above.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.