Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: vinyl liner

1. Back To Top    #1

vinyl liner

Hello guys,

quick question, because of cya am emptying my pool of 80% of the water, my cover for the main drain is smashed, so am getting leaves etc into the non return valve. Now is the oportune moment to fit new but can't get to pool store until tomorrow am, (about 18 hours).

Will my liner be ok until then? i am above the water table.

Cheers, Mike
    26ft x 13 ft 11000 US gallon inground vinyl lined pool, Triton TR60 sand filter, Pentair 1hp pump, poolexactZ photometer tester, From May to October 90 degrees and above pool in sun all day

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: vinyl liner

It's best to always leave about a foot of water in the shallowest part of the pool to prevent the liner from shifting when draining the pool. If you have already drained lower than that, what's done is done. If you don't have a high water table you have less chances of the liner shifting but it's a possibility you'll have some wrinkles after refilling. Liner should be OK physically. What is the age of the liner?
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: vinyl liner

i think its about 7 years, have stopped the pump now, theres about a foot left. (its 4'6" at deepest)
    26ft x 13 ft 11000 US gallon inground vinyl lined pool, Triton TR60 sand filter, Pentair 1hp pump, poolexactZ photometer tester, From May to October 90 degrees and above pool in sun all day