Electric Installation for 500W Pump

metRo_

Jun 8, 2015
Porto, Portugal
Hello,

I haven't decide on which pump should I buy but will be between these two: FS500 - Filtration kits 8.000l/h - Ø500 - 500W to FS400 - Filtration kits 6.000l/h - Ø400 - 230W

Which cautions should I have with the electric installation? Maybe a proper circuit breaker near the pump? What else?

Shouldn't I run the pump while on the pool?

Thank you

I can't really tell you specifically since I don't know what the rules are in Portugal. In the US, you'd be required to have the pump protected by a GFCI breaker and have a switch or other shutdown method located near the pool.

Whether you can run the pump while swimming depends on the pump. Some inexpensive pumps specifically say not to swim while they are powered. Most pool pumps however are designed for safety and they should be operating while you are swimming to help circulate the sanitizer.

I can't really tell you specifically since I don't know what the rules are in Portugal. In the US, you'd be required to have the pump protected by a GFCI breaker and have a switch or other shutdown method located near the pool.

I'll contact an electrician but will use something like a GFCI of course.

Whether you can run the pump while swimming depends on the pump. Some inexpensive pumps specifically say not to swim while they are powered. Most pool pumps however are designed for safety and they should be operating while you are swimming to help circulate the sanitizer.
"The equipment must not be switched on while the pool is being used." found it on the manual :s

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.