Dust/Pollen collecting in deep end of pool in Dordogne

Lorri

Apr 16, 2016
Grolejac
Hello to everyone, and thank you so much for creating this site!

We are new to having a pool, live in a very wooded area, full of flowers and pollen. Our pool is crystal clear and look super, apart from the beige coloured dust/pollen that collects in areas on the bottom of the pool liner in the deep end. When we put the robot in, it removes it and lovely lovely until the next day, then there is a little, and the day after a bit more and we have to put the robot in again! My question is...are we having this problem more because we are not using the pool at the moment? Therefore the water doesn't get 'stirred up' enough to be filtered properly?

My main reason for asking is that we have guests arriving on Saturday, who will obviously be using the pool, and we will be coming back on the Wednesday to clean the pool with the robot, but we don't want this dust collecting between the Saturday and the Wednesday. I'm hoping, as they will be using the pool, the problem will not be as bad? But really haven't a clue!! Please help, thanks.

Once it settles to the bottom, there is no way normal filtration is gonna "raise" it from the bottom. If your pool has a bottom drain, switch some circulation to that and sweep towards it slowly. Got a pool brush?

Thanks for the reply...unfortunately the pool doesn't have a bottom drain. Yes, we do have a brush, but the robot picks it us heaps better when settled on the bottom, but I guess at this time of year the pollen is really high, and even settling on the cars, so just wondered if it will be better when actually using the pool. Thanks, Lorri.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.