Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: If the pool stores weren't bad enough...New gimmick in town

1. Back To Top    #1

If the pool stores weren't bad enough...New gimmick in town

Check this out......if things were really this simple!
    https://www.phin.co

A little pod that floats around your pool, tests your water and sends results to your phone and the company sends you little packs of chemicals on a regular basis....only $449. I ain't buying it!
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: If the pool stores weren't bad enough...New gimmick in town

Anyone who shells out that kind of cash for an over priced electronic tester has no business grousing about the cost of a TF 100! I wonder how much extra the little bags of blue and green magic crystals are? It can also summon a pool care professional to your door. Yikes!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by zea3 View Post
    Anyone who shells out that kind of cash for an over priced electronic tester has no business grousing about the cost of a TF 100! I wonder how much extra the little bags of blue and green magic crystals are? It can also summon a pool care professional to your door. Yikes!
    I know right? Supposedly the chemicals are included unless you need extra. Would love to know what's in those little packs
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Yeah this was brought up last year and someone had contact with the company: pool monitor
    I think there was another very similar device where the creator came to the forum for a single post and then ran away. It all sounds like the standard crowd funding stuff that is coming about nowadays. Come up with an idea, make a slick model and marketing campaign, collect a bunch of money, then try to figure out how to make it work. Look at Fontus, Batteriser, Solar Roadways, Triton Artificial Gills, the list goes on. All great looking ideas that don't hold up to a simple back of the envelope calculation. I put this in the same category, except that if all those worked exactly as they said it will the world would be a better place. If pHin works exactly like they say it will a lot of people will spend good money to get a wifi connected swamp.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

5. Back To Top    #5

I wonder if it follows the TFP method?
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.