Taking the plunge

hdude

May 24, 2016
Duncan, Az
Wanted a pool for my grandsons for the summer(s). Decided against a frame pool and went with a Doughboy manufacturer Hybred knock-off. Boy o Boy did the costs get out of control. But I am trying to do everything correctly. Ground leveled. Electrical ditched. Fencing. Ready to put up the wall as soon as the winds die down and then complete the filling and plumbing and bonding. Been lurking on this forum for weeks now. Now trying to figure out how to establish the pool chemistry and tomorrow will run tests on my water. Wish me luck

Taylor K-2006 Service Complete

That's the right answer! :salut:

attachment.php

Did basic test of my well water.
PH 8 (confirmed by using supplemental Acid Demand - each drop lowered PH .2)
TA 130 ppm
CH 40

Based on what Pool Math and what I've learned ... My plan is to
Day 1 - start with a Dichloride shock (15oz for 5300 gals) in part to introduce CYA up to 30 ppm amd FC to 12. ( I have some non-chlorine oxidizer that I've decided not to use)
Day 2 - Test FC / CYA / PH. If needed use Muratic acid/Baking Soda to adjust PH to 7.2
Again Test FC until it drops down to 4 or 5 and only add liquid chlorine (as needed) there after.
Day 3 - Test FC / CYA / PH. Adjust PH - Plan on adding upto 10lbs of Borax (to 30ppm) and possibly acid to maintain PH towards 7.5
Again Test FC - add liquid chlorine as needed.
Day 4 - Happy Days ?

As I am on well water: I have some Metal Control (EDTA) and Clarifier (cationic polymer) to use as needed if it appears that there are issues after shocking the road. Also I have a Algaecide 60 if needed.