Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New liner, new water....no cya

1. Back To Top    #1

New liner, new water....no cya

Currently filling my pool that was emptied for a new liner. Cya should be zero. The filling will take another day, add some bleach this evening with no cya to ward off any algae growth or just wait til tomorrow and add cya via sock. There have been no chemicals added thus far and this is day 2. Thanks for any replies.
    12,000 gal Octagon vinyl in-ground pool. Hayward S220 sand filter 3/4 hp pump, heat pump heater

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: New liner, new water....no cya

You can start adding CYA now in a sock attached to a float this was about 12 inches of water, use poolmath to know how much CYA to add to 30

adding a cup of bleach would work great..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Well I won't have any stabilizer until tomorrow. Could I put 1 puck in my chlorinator and feed slowly?
    12,000 gal Octagon vinyl in-ground pool. Hayward S220 sand filter 3/4 hp pump, heat pump heater

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

it will be fine until tomorrow, just add a cup of bleach
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

You don't need CYA at night anyway. No UV from the sun. It'll be okay.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!