Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello

Hi all, wanted to get the kiddos a pool for the summer and found this site while shopping.
    Really happy I found this forum because being a mechanic I like to do everything myself and try to research as much as I can. I bought a cheap test kit from Walmart to get me started but my tf100 will be here tomorrow. Just trying to keep the cl and ph in check till I can test for more. I am already finding myself looking at an Intex sand filter and swcg lol. This little pump that comes with the pool is pretty laughable, but what do ya want for a 70 dollar pool. If I can successfully manage the pool without stressing myself out I already want to upgrade to something like a big Intex pool. Thanks for reading and thanks in advance. Ed
    3200 gal. 15'x33" above ground vinyl pool. Intex 2100gph sand filter w/ type b adapters for my baby size pool fittings. Filled from city water. TF-100 test kit w/ magnetic stirrer. Used trichlor tabs at the start to get cya up. Just using bbb.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello

Welcome. Better equipment makes managing a little larger pool a LOT easier.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Woody, is that Intex Krystal clear sand filter and swcg a decent setup or should I be looking at something else when I upgrade?
    3200 gal. 15'x33" above ground vinyl pool. Intex 2100gph sand filter w/ type b adapters for my baby size pool fittings. Filled from city water. TF-100 test kit w/ magnetic stirrer. Used trichlor tabs at the start to get cya up. Just using bbb.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome!

Here's something you need to know about. They also sell them in most pool stores.

Soaks up oils. So if you come home and jump in the pool after getting a 90 weight shampoo or an ATF shower, you won't leave a slick on the surface. If you do leave a ring, Mr Clean Magic Erasers will remove it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks! Makes sense. I've got something similar in the bilge of my boat. Never would of thought of that for the pool.

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP!

Congrats on the new pool. We started with one like that 12 years or so ago. Lots of upgrades since then. The Intex sand and SWG is a nice upgrade from the Intex cartridge filter. Lots of people here use them.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thank you. I believe I will be getting the sand filter for sure. Maybe the swg when we upsize the pool!

8. Back To Top    #8

Welcome to TFP
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter