Good kit to pick up?

That is fine ... the TF-100 from tftestkits.net is usually a better value. (although that auction is pretty cheap, I would worry about its age) See the comparison here: Recommended Test Kits

EDIT: Also, I am not sure that actually uses Taylor reagents ... it might be some generic stuff. I am very wary.

Response from seller when asked age of reagents and if they are Taylor:

The reagents were manufactured this year. Aquaguard/aqualab/bio lab is a larger manufacturer of pool supplies. They sell to home depot, Lowes and pool retailers. Taylor is more commonly known because of they're contract with Walmart.

Should I still go with it?

The reagents were manufactured this year. Aquaguard/aqualab/bio lab is a larger manufacturer of pool supplies. They sell to home depot, Lowes and pool retailers. Taylor is more commonly known because of they're contract with Walmart.

No, you really want Taylor reagents.

At my age I have discovered you get what you pay for.

As Jason pointed out, the TF-100 is a better value. While they recently raised their price to $70 they now include the 50ppm standard reagent for the CYA test. This test is the hardest for folks to master so this standard solution that lets you see what 50 really looks like is a great addition.

I have never seen Taylor stuff in Walmart so ..................I know I have seen HTH but...........

Everything about that kit screams Taylor rebranded. Just my observation.........it is your money but........

Kim:cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Keep in mind the sponsors of this site sell the TF 100. When you buy from them it may be a touch more expensive but you are helping to support the site.
Actually, the TF=100 is less expensive.

TF-100 - $70

Taylor K-2006-C = $99

You have to be careful comparing prices because the K-2006 comes in sizes, designated by a letter. The basic K-2006 has .75oz bottles. You need to get the K-2006-C to get the larger bottles that you want. Even then it is a little short on the reagent & powder for the FAS/DPD test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.