Orlando - Pool Surface Damage and Rust

I live in the Orlando Florida area. I bought my house a little over a year ago and from the time I bought it I have noticed some divots in the pool surface. There are a two specific areas where the divots seem to go through the top layer. I have provide pictures below. Each of these divots is probably about 1.5 inches across. There are also a couple of rust areas I believe occurred from workers dropping screws in the pool. Some of them you can see the screw treads in the rusted area.

1. Do these divots look like they need immediate attention or could fixing them possible be put off (best guess)?
  2. Is my only option to have the pool resurfaced?
  3. Any way to treat the rust stains without draining the pool?

If my only option is resurfacing....

1. Does anyone have a recommended company in the Orlando area?
  2. The pool deck and coping were recently redone. Can the pool be resurfaced without damaging the deck/coping?

bigger.jpg smaller.jpg

rust 1.jpg rust 2.jpg

pool.jpg

Thanks!
Peter

Try crushing vitamion C tablets (cheap) into a sock and then holding that sock down on the rust stains for a few minutes. I will usually get some if not all of the stain.

I have no idea about the divots.......that appears to be pretty deep. I guess you could patch them to a degree but you could never hide them.

Looks like a chair or something took a dive! If they aren't leaking, which it seems they aren't, you can leave them. If they do start leaking you can try patching them with underwater curing 2 part pool putty, get black and white and mix them together to sort of match the color.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.