I want to learn the BBB way

Xiomy

May 24, 2016
Georgia
I want to learn the BBB way I just bought a 15' x 36" Best way steel pro frame pool I don't want to use chlorine I want to use bleach I don't know how much and how often I need to shock the pooland for a pH increase or I can use Borax but I just don't know how much to use and how oftensame goes for alkalinity I can use baking soda but like I said I just don't know how much can anybody help me please

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Definitely visit the Pool School page (link also below in my signature). From there you will see a couple pages that are very important for you to know. Below in my signature you will also see links to pages that tell you WHAT you need to add and HOW MUCH of something to add. Go slow, take it one step at a time, and ask questions whenever you need to. Lots of folks here are ready to help.

Hey there Xiomy :wave: Always good to have another Georgian in the house.

Good plan on using bleach (which is chlorine in liquid form) on your new pool. But most important is having a good test kit so you'll know what your chemistry levels are and where you need to be.

We trust only two- the Taylor K-2006 kit (it *must* contain the FAS-DPD test, not just a DPD test) or the TF-100. The former you can get sometimes at Leslies and Amazon, but a cheaper source for both tests is TFTestkits.net The TF-100 runs about $70, but will save you beaucoup in the end.

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the pool! You've found an amazing site with insanely cool experts. Like they said, get reading! Ask any questions you have, but don't be suprised if we answer with a link that already has a detailed answer! That being said, everyone eventually finds something that no one has asked before :)

If you live in an area where you can buy chlorine it's probably more cost effective and convenient ( twice as strong=less to pour) I'm paying $13 for 5 gallons. Call around... Some places sell it as a loss leader. Only downer is while at the pool store watching everyone get hosed. Stick to the methods these guys preach and you'll have the nicest water in the neighborhood !!
Kris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.