Liner Replacement

bhawleyusa

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 17, 2007
Raleigh NC
Hello all,
Just had our 8 year old leaking liner replaced and thought the process would be of interest to some.
The installer is Mark and we are located in the Raleigh N.C. area. I would give Mark a high recommendation for any pool work. If you would like his number pm me.
The old liner was a beaded liner, we replaced it with a Uni-bead and removed the 8 year old bead
track hanging the new liner on the wall. Pool is a Sharkline 18x33.
Pictures at: http://tinyurl.com/ryfs45

So why not replace the bead track? You had the rails off anyway, right?

So the uni bead hangs on its own bead that is included eliminating the need for a track. The other one used the track into which you hung the liner, right?

mtbarr64 said:
So why not replace the bead track? You had the rails off anyway, right?

Lack of planning :) We didn't have a new track so Mark decided to hang the liner from the wall.

So the uni bead hangs on its own bead that is included eliminating the need for a track. The other one used the track into which you hung the liner, right?

That is correct. We would not have removed the top rails if the liner was hung from the track.
I think a lot of installers would have gone ahead with the bead track but I agreed that at the age
of the pool why not be safe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.