Intex SWG 1/2 of Copper electrode gone

Jan 26, 2015
Germantown, NT
I have an Intex SWG that is almost 2 years old (has about another 2 months of warranty). I clean it pretty regularly and when I put it back out from storage about a month ago all was fine.

I just inspected it and one of the copper electrodes is almost completely gone - just a nub left. The other side is pretty much intact. Any ideas what would cause this? I did run it in boost mode quite a bit when it first started for the year, but would not think it would do it to this extent.

Does this sound like something covered under warranty?

Sounds like a defect developed in the coating or the coating came off and the copper electrode simply dissolved away into your pool water. Without knowing the exact size of the electrode, it's hard to say how much copper you have in your water but a pool store can tell you if they detect any metals. High quality SWG cell plates are made from titanium for this very reason - if the coating comes off, a titanium plate will not dissolve in pool water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.