Connecting hoses

marlyu

May 24, 2016
Woodbridge, VA
Hi everyone,

We bought a brand new Intex Sand Filter to use with our above ground pool starting this year and have run into the difficulty of figuring out how to connect the hoses that came with the filter to the valve and to an existing hose. See pic for reference. All hose openings are 1.5". I don't have the valve opening measurement itself but pretty certain a 1.5" is what fits inside. Any ideas on how to make these connections possible would be great.

Marianna

Leslie's sells an adapter, 2 for $9, that I used to connect my non-Intex pump to my Intex pool.

temporary_zpsh0wupygq.jpg

As for the hose with no end on it, I assume it was connected with a hose clamp previously? You may be able to find a tapered adapter that will fit that and screw to the Intex adapter I posted above. I have something similar on my Hayward skimmer.

temporary_zps5c695011.jpg

Maybe something like this: Amazon.com: Hayward SPX1091Z4 Hose Male Smooth Adapter Replacement for Hayward Automatic Skimmers and Filters: Patio, Lawn Garden

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.