Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Debri on bottom of pool.

1. Back To Top    #1

Debri on bottom of pool.

Hi All,

I just purchased a house with an in-ground pool and trying my best to revive it. I have not started the pump or filter yet which I hope to do this weekend. I noticed what may be DE or other fine material on the bottom in the deep end. My question is should I vac to drain until I get the material up or just run it through my DE filter. I would rather not waste all the water if possible as its pricey in my area.

I attached some pictures but its hard to see.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Debri on bottom of pool.

Welcome to TFP

Vac to waist for all that debris then start your SLAM

Do you have your test kit yet, that will be your best weapon to clear that pool along with bleach
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Debri on bottom of pool.

That worked thank you.
    New owner of a house with an In-Ground gunite pool built in 1978 without any upgrades. It is a 17' x 34' 22,500 gallon pool located in New England (home of the NE Patriots) .