Cracked Wall Jet Face Plate

May 24, 2016
Camlachie
Hello TFP,
When opening my pool, I discovered my wall jet ring/face plate had cracked (see picture). A 2" piece chipped off the top between the top 2 screws. I'm just wondering if the ring is an individual piece or if it's attached to the piping running into the wall. It's secured with 4 Phillips head screws. But these could be tap-cons and screwed into the steel plating?
Any insight would be great.
I'm looking to repair this in place under the water.

I don't think it matters if you drop the water. I said machine screw and I forgot they are not it's more like a sheet metal screw designed for plastic. They can be hard to remove so make sure you have a good "bite" into the threads with your screwdriver or you can "strip" the heads

I picked up a new SP-1408 wall jet face plate and it went on pretty easy under water. About $8 Canadian.
The SP-1408 is the non-threaded face plate, where the SP-1411 used on older models is the threaded type.
I screwed in a plug before the repair, just to maintain pressure against the jet threads, which probably isn't necessary.
I made an attempt to maintain pressure on the liner around the jet when I removed the older plate just to prevent the liner from pulling away.
The machine screws were about 1-1/4" long and were just snug.
All in all a relatively painless repair.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.