Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liquidator users

1. Back To Top    #1

Liquidator users

How many gallons of bleach are everyone putting into the liquidator at a time. I've been maintaining about 4 inches.
    16'x34' Kidney 17000 Gallon IG Vinyl liner. Pentair IntelliXF vs pump, Sta-Rite System 3 DE filter. Liquidator, TF-100 Test kit w/ speed stir. Aqua Comfort heat pump, Dolphin Apollo robot, clear solar cover, stamped concrete deck.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Liquidator users

Sorry no one has seen this yet, busy season

maybe this will help
    So I think I want a Liquidator...
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

5 to 6 gallons I didn't want it to get low in case I got busy.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

Andrew,

How is the liquidator working with your VS pump? So far so good? Just curious because I had come to believe that the two were often not a good match. But I see that gwegan also uses a VS pump. I went with the Stenner because I was getting a VS pump. I'm always trying to learn.

Thanks!
    Jay--Metro NYC
    35K gal, in-ground, free-form, pebble finish, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, autofill. No spa, no features. Partial shade.
    Pentair C&C cartridge filter (400 sq in), Pentair VS pump, Pentair 140 btu heat pump, Triton Plus Robo-cleaner; Stenner with 55 gal bleach cistern. TFT 100 test kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

I use my vs pump at one fixed speed at all time so it works pretty good. I'm trying to work out some quirks as far as flow goes. Need to put the upgraded fittings back on. Had an issue with bubbles that I finally figured out. Made a shade box out of pallet wood. So now it's not in the sun. Just have to get the flow rate up.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks gwegan. Do you have the liquidator supply tied into the strainer drain or did you use the supplied drilled fitting. I'm trying to figure out if the suction is the same from either location.
    16'x34' Kidney 17000 Gallon IG Vinyl liner. Pentair IntelliXF vs pump, Sta-Rite System 3 DE filter. Liquidator, TF-100 Test kit w/ speed stir. Aqua Comfort heat pump, Dolphin Apollo robot, clear solar cover, stamped concrete deck.

6. Back To Top    #6

I have a steinner pump now. I need to change my signature. I would say that a liquidator is not a good match with a vs pump on low speeds or with a solar system. It did not work for me.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

7. Back To Top    #7

When I setup mine theispast Sunday I filled with 5.5 gallons of 12.5 % chlorine. On season start up I manually dose the pool to bring FC up to my target and then set the flow rate, using a pinch valve on the Liquidator to a level that will replace the daily lose. This of course take a few days to dial it in, but I know after a couple of years that the pinch valve will need to be somewhere between 3 to 4 on the pinch valve setting scale. I usually refill the Liquidator with three or for gallons once the chlorine level reaches 2 inches from the bottom of the tank. So, under normal circumstances I have 2 to five gallons in the Liquidator. If I plan on being away longer than a week, then I will fill it up to the max level stated in the Liquidator operating manual.
    30,000 gal, 20 x 40 ft vinyl, IG, installed 2006
    1 HP WhisperFlo pump, 60 sqft Pentair Quad D.E., Liquidator(8 gallon) with 3/8 upgrade,TigerShark cleaning robot
    TFTestkits TF-100 with SpeedStir,WS
    A proud practitioner of TFP since 2013