May 23, 2016
Pasadena
I am currently using baquacil to treat my pool. I am converting to salt water water. I need to know how to convert the water over after the system is on line. I don't know what chemicals use to remove the Baquacil in the pool? I know Baquacil really well. But I am in a new world with this conversion & salt ? Please Help.

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: You need to follow the TFP Pool School - Convert Your Baqua Pool to Chlorine page. It's all about bleach. Follow these instructions to convert from baqua to chlorine, then once it's all clear we can help you one step further to salt and your SWG. Nice to have you with us.

Don't put the SWG system on-line until you convert from Baquacil to regular Chlorine. Check out the threads in the Baquacil section. A few of us have documented our experience and you can learn a lot by lurking (though don't be afraid to ask your questions).

First steps, though, are to get one of the recommended test kits and about a dozen or so cases of bleach. Then follow the ateps in TS's post. If you are diligent, you can get through the heavy lifting in days as opposed to weeks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.