Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tim

1. Back To Top    #1

Tim

I am currently using baquacil to treat my pool. I am converting to salt water water. I need to know how to convert the water over after the system is on line. I don't know what chemicals use to remove the Baquacil in the pool? I know Baquacil really well. But I am in a new world with this conversion & salt ? Please Help.
    Above ground 15' x 30' Oval 42" 10,000 gal / Baquacil
    2 Spd 2 HP Pro line 150 Sq ft. Cartridge Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Tim

Hello and welcome to TFP! You need to follow the TFP Pool School - Convert Your Baqua Pool to Chlorine page. It's all about bleach. Follow these instructions to convert from baqua to chlorine, then once it's all clear we can help you one step further to salt and your SWG. Nice to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Don't put the SWG system on-line until you convert from Baquacil to regular Chlorine. Check out the threads in the Baquacil section. A few of us have documented our experience and you can learn a lot by lurking (though don't be afraid to ask your questions).

First steps, though, are to get one of the recommended test kits and about a dozen or so cases of bleach. Then follow the ateps in TS's post. If you are diligent, you can get through the heavy lifting in days as opposed to weeks.
    Chris
    17' x 35' outdoor in-ground Grecian shaped w/ vinyl liner. ≈ 21,000 gallons. Hayward S-200 Sand Filter and 1 HP Hayward Super-pump. Other Accessories: slide, light, ladder, fiberglass stairs, TF-100. Baquacil Conversion - June 2015, SLAM How-to, Chlorine/CYA Chart

4. Back To Top    #4

And a second to-be technicolor pool! Two conversions starting the same day! I can't wait for pictures!
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!