Have Contract Just need to Sign - Pool Build - Pearland Texas

Well we have a hole!!!
42b613f5ad2089c22ab9b6624f922b22.jpg

086006cde25e8009d7a9082077345531.jpg

5dc0c92e7cfce6fa55869b2b06a20dae.jpg

ee68301131b8855c12274b329f866e90.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is one of the times you really need to be there if at all possible. There will be questions on how you want something better YOU say how you want it than they do it their way.

:kim:

It is TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is one of the times you really need to be there if at all possible. There will be questions on how you want something better YOU say how you want it than they do it their way.

Thanks so much again for the advice. It is greatly appreciated. Well as expected Gunite has been pushed back to Friday morning. I will update with pictures then!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!! and OH NO :shock: You better start baking some cookies and buying beer!!!!!

Ha ha!! In Texas for this early morning we buy them breakfast tacos! Already on the way!

I do have one serious question please Kim. I'm not seeing the stub outs for my Jandy Nicheless lights. They were asking me me about light location should that not already have been done or marked?

Seriously... If were you I would have a sketch or plan for your pool handy. I would walk out with a cup of coffee and talk with guy in charge of the gunnite crew. A lot of corrections can be made while the crew is still working on the shell. Most of those changes can't be made when the concrete is hard. In my case, we changed the depth of the sun shelf (to the correct depth), and had them enlarge the benches in the deep end. Minor stuff, but it was easy for them to fix while the cement trucks were still there.

Seriously... If were you I would have a sketch or plan for your pool handy. I would walk out with a cup of coffee and talk with guy in charge of the gunnite crew. A lot of corrections can be made while the crew is still working on the shell. Most of those changes can't be made when the concrete is hard. In my case, we changed the depth of the sun shelf (to the correct depth), and had them enlarge the benches in the deep end. Minor stuff, but it was easy for them to fix while the cement trucks were still there.

Thanks so much! The pool builder came by and gave them the elevation and the layout of the lights. They had precut the stubs. I have made a couple of small tweaks [emoji1]. The breakfast tacos were a hit!

They are about to gunite the spa. I have asked for 21" set all the way around instead of 2 levels that they had on the design of 18" and 21" split. This should give me 18" waterline . Thanks again

Why was it not placed closer to the house?

I should've taken a better picture showing the area.I have a generator that sits in the area as well. It does have an aluminum outside case and the pool builder wanted to keep clearance any way.

d7758c0d37ea563a6e6d3f64bee6eb6d.jpg

Does that help? Thanks again for the responses I wish TFP had a "gunite hotline" haha!

Makes total sense now and will allow for more direct plumbing runs.

The nicheless lights should have 2" pipe stubbed out in the areas you want them located. Odd that they didn't do this prior to gunite as that would have been a great deal easier and more efficient.

Looks like the gunite crew is doing a good job. I really like that they shot the floor before the walls. You end up with a much stronger transition from the floor to the wall (this area sees the highest stress in the shell) by minimizing the rebound in that area which usually sloughs off and gets buried in the floor.

I just got in from mowing. The first thing I did was refresh your thread LOL Glad others were able to jump in.

That second pic did help with the equipment pad.............Will there be enough room for some one to work on the AC unit on the equipment pad side? I am almost thinking to run the equipment pad along the fence to keep the are in front of the AC open.

Love that they covered the trampoline! Nice attention to detail!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.