Haywood automatic turbo skimmer question

May 23, 2016
Ontario
Hi,

I inherited an existing 30 plus year old pool and have a question about my rare skimmer setup. I have what I am told is a Haywood automatic turbo skimmer. They don't make them anymore, parts are rare and any info seems to even harder to come by.

Can anybody tell me about this skimmer, or even better come up with a manual?

My pool is inground, chlorine and about 14500 gallons, sand filter, h250 Haywood heater and Haywood super pump. Never had a pool so this is all new.

Thanks. A little time on google and I usually find what I want too but this one is a stumper. All I can think is that people may be calling it something different so it is not showing up on a search.

The only info I found in my shed were the winterizing instructions - which will come in handy. Too bad they didn't have a model number listed.

I was looking for the correct way to run it.

Basically with turbo I only have one turbo jet and it's located right below the skimmer.

When you open up the skimmer plate, and remove the skimmer basket you can see the jet pipe and below that the open intake to the filter. The jet pipe can retract so I can plug in the hose. I accidentally left this piece retracted after vacuuming and noticed that the jet was stronger in this position. I was wondering if that was the correct position while running the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.