Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Haywood automatic turbo skimmer question

1. Back To Top    #1

Haywood automatic turbo skimmer question

Hi,

I inherited an existing 30 plus year old pool and have a question about my rare skimmer setup. I have what I am told is a Haywood automatic turbo skimmer. They don't make them anymore, parts are rare and any info seems to even harder to come by.

Can anybody tell me about this skimmer, or even better come up with a manual?

My pool is inground, chlorine and about 14500 gallons, sand filter, h250 Haywood heater and Haywood super pump. Never had a pool so this is all new.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Haywood automatic turbo skimmer question

Welcome to TFP

I am usually pretty good at finding stuff out in internet land, but that one is coming up with nothing.. I did find a parts schematic but most of the parts are discontinued like you said

Automatic Skimmer Sp 1 91T - Parts & Schematics
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. A little time on google and I usually find what I want too but this one is a stumper. All I can think is that people may be calling it something different so it is not showing up on a search.

The only info I found in my shed were the winterizing instructions - which will come in handy. Too bad they didn't have a model number listed.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Do you have some pictures if it still exists in some form or if there are retrofit parts someone might recognize it? Are you having a problem with it or just want to know about it?
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

5. Back To Top    #5

I was looking for the correct way to run it.

Basically with turbo I only have one turbo jet and it's located right below the skimmer.

When you open up the skimmer plate, and remove the skimmer basket you can see the jet pipe and below that the open intake to the filter. The jet pipe can retract so I can plug in the hose. I accidentally left this piece retracted after vacuuming and noticed that the jet was stronger in this position. I was wondering if that was the correct position while running the pump.