Installing New Skimmer Box And Have A Leak

May 10, 2016
Wind Gap
I installed my new wide mouth skimmer box in my above ground pool. I included the gaskets on both sides and tightened all the screws. I have a very tiny drip in the bottom left corner that is driving me crazy. When i installed it, I started with the top first, since that was the part above the water line and then tightened the bottom. Should I have done the bottom first? I don't want to keep cranking the screws and crack it.

Glad you got it fixed, but if you need to do it again you should tighten the screws sequentially all the way around the skimmer so as not to pinch the one side together. For example if the top is tightened all way down then the bottom screws wont be enough to pull the bottom flanges of the skimmer together to seal properly. Like tightening the lug nuts on you car, move in a star pattern and partially tightening the screws so the gasket gets even pressure on it. And really, enjoy that pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.