Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Burnt hose

1. Back To Top    #1

Burnt hose

I was just uncovering my equipment (which I take in my 2 spaflex hoses, pump and my filter-to-pump-hose-re-inforced-vinyl for the winter) and I found this (see pic) on my backwash hose(same type as my filter-to-pump) which I leave out. The filter and hose was covered with a blue tarp. This is my 6 year of doing this - never have I seen this before. I am in western pa -- could the heat under the tarp get that hot???
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2
    Birmingham, Alabama

Re: Burnt hose

Can't say I've ever seen anything like that before. You may want to replace the hose just to be safe! Should be pretty easy with the hose clamps.
    Above Ground 30' by 54" 22,600
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter w/ 1.5HP Dual Speed Hayward Powerflo Matrix Pump
    TF100 Test Kit
    BBB ALL the way!
    Questions about pool care? Visit Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tecumseh, OK

Ours will end up looking like that from baking in the sun. After several years of being fully exposed the hose from the pump to the filter will look exactly like yours. The last one even started to feel tacky/sticky where it had turned brown. It's not very expensive at lowes or Home Depot to replace it, sold by the foot. Easy fix, just loosen claims and measure hose length and diameter before going to buy a replacement or just take it with.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks -- yeah I'll check Lowes for a new one -- Just never thought that it would "cook" like that.

5. Back To Top    #5
    SW PA

Oh wow... that is crazy.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter