Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hose leaking at return

1. Back To Top    #1

Ontario, Canada

Hose leaking at return

Hi folks, new to the forum and have been doing some browsing but am hoping for a different solution than having to replace the hose.

I filled my pool on the weekend and noticed a small leak coming from the connection from the hose the the return. I have tried tightening the two hose clamps but am still getting a small leak coming rom the connection.

I have a return with a light built into it so I'm not sure how I can stop the water from draining from the pool if I were to replace the hose.

I have also also tried sealing the connection with silicone but with the constant water leaking i can't get the silicone to set.

Can an anyone recommend a solution that maybe doesn't involve replacing the hose, or a way I can stop the pool from draining out of the return if I remove the hose?

i will post a couple pictures when I get a chance.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Central Minnesota

Re: Hose leaking at return

I simple expandable plug of the right size used inside the pool return while you complete the repair should do the trick?
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Sacramento, CA

Re: Hose leaking at return

Potatoes work well in a pinch.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Heliocol solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall