Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Opened pool and pump is dead

1. Back To Top    #1

Opened pool and pump is dead

Opened the pool this weekend and the pump wouldn't start. I'm going to be without one for 3 days so I'm wondering what I should be doing with the water to up and running again.

The pump us humming and not moving, several years old. Don't feel like disassembling so I bought a new one and on it's way.

Will test water this evening. After opening and figuring I'd be without filter for a few days, I put in 4 jugs of bleach to hold it over. I have the submersible pump in the pool to circulate the water. Picked out what I could with net. Not much in there, some dirt here and there, I can see the bottom of deep end, little cloudy.

Besides testing and getting levels to what I can without a filter, anything else I should be doing?
    Thanks,
    Jon

======================

21,000 gallons, Hayward sand filter, IG, 16x32 kidney, Vinyl, Hayward Super Pump 1hp, Flow rate: ?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Opened pool and pump is dead

You've addressed most everything Jon. Adding some bleach and trying to circulate the water as best as you can. Cleaning-out debris as well. All good points. Your test results may tell you more later.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

New pump arrived, I'm wondering what the best plumbing pieces I should get to make these 2 connections.
    Something like this:
    http://g04.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1zRcdI...ont-b-Pipe.jpg

The black pieces on the pump say 2.5. The white PVC says 1.5.
    Thanks,
    Jon

======================

21,000 gallons, Hayward sand filter, IG, 16x32 kidney, Vinyl, Hayward Super Pump 1hp, Flow rate: ?

4. Back To Top    #4

Ended up getting two of these and was pretty simple:
    http://www.pvcfittingsonline.com/437...FYpZhgodzLQG7A
    Thanks,
    Jon

======================

5. Back To Top    #5

Very good Jon. Hope it all works-out for you.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!