Solar cover reel - AG Round Pool

May 12, 2016
Aberdeen, MD
So i bought a house that has an above ground pool - deck only on one side.

It came with a clear solar cover, and there are pieces to the roller/reel in the shed. The attachment points are in the middle of the pool edges, so i assume it rolls up from the middle. Question is...what then? Does it just chill out over the middle of the pool? That seems like a pain in the neck to have to duck under it...

I haven't spread everything out yet to determine if a) i have all the pieces and b) if that's really how it functions.

I believe based on photos and what i remember that it's one of these:
Horizon Deluxe Solar Reel for Pools up to 24' Wide - PoolSupplies.com

my thought is to build supports at one end (posts with a platform) so i can roll it onto the roller from one side and have it out of the way. Has anyone done something similar or have any advice?

Also...i see most covers are blue instead of clear. Any benefit of one over the other?

I build supports and roll from the end but my pool is an oval, the theory is the same though, you would just need longer webbing straps from the center to the reel :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.