Swamp!

Just an update---pool still looks like blue gatorade frost! lol pH is at 7.4 and FC is 11-12. Since I only clean in the evening those numbers fall during the day and I have to add when I get home most nights! Very slowly starting to clear up--you can kinda see bottom in the shallow end!

As others said, the PH test is not valid with elevated chlorine. If the chlorine has dropped below 10 and you've check ph and it is low you could make a correction before bringing chlorine back up to slam level but really during SLAM if you made the adjustments needed prior, I'd just keep it at SLAM level. Aerating the water will help PH come up too.

To me you say chlorinator it brings to my mind a Despenser that you put trichlor tablets in. If that is what you mean trichlor adds CYA. You recently posted CYA as 50. If that is true I would not add any more trichlor. Also, Check the FC level for CYA @ 50 during slam, I believe it is 20 so your FC of 10 or 11 is way low.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks like you're at about 2 1/2 weeks now right? Started with a dark green/possible ammonia type issue upon opening. Your CYA and FC are quite good now, so this is the part where maintaining tat FC is important and letting the bleach do its job. Continue to do all the things listed on the SLAM page (link below) for best results - especially scrubbing/sweeping. Hang in there. There's no product better than chlorine for killing algae.

Your CYA went from 50 to 30, did you do a lot of vacuuming to waste? The only way CYA can drop that much is if there is a large amount of water removed from the pool then filled back up again. Is it possible CYA reading was a mistake? Just looking for reason why it is not making faster progress. If CYA is 50 not 30 then that would make sense as FC would not be at SLAM level. Also agree with a lot of sweeping. Also possible filter clogged?

I am in a similar boat, on day 14 of my SLAM so I feel your pain. when I look at my pool I feel like I have made zero progress in the last week, but if you take a picture of the pool each day and compare them back to back I bet you can see the slight improvement each day. In the beginning the changes are so drastic that its easy to see the progress but towards the end its ever so slight so its tough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.