Want to install overflow outlet. What concerns??

You could always filter to waste to drain water. I've heard of people cutting additional holes in their wall for returns, so I'm sure it's possible. You are however added a weak spot for potential rust issues down the road as you are trimming the galvanization away. Although they have galvanization solutions to strengthen the coating.

Do you have a skimmer? If so perhaps you could drill a whole through the back of the skimmer just slightly higher than the ideal water line. then it would just be a matter of some tubing or PVC plumbing to where ever you want the water to go.

May I ask why you are looking to do this? Is it because you have a DE filter and you lose DE? I have a DE too. I actually don't mind the excess water. The only thing it doesn't do is skim the top of the water. Once July gets here, I'm forced to throe the hose in.

With all the rain this Spring, a few times I had to pump out water. Water was actually overflowing through my skimmer and landing right next to pool base. Not looking to eat out area around base of pool. Overflow fitting which would lead water away from pool, and not having to pump out pool would be "piece of mind", especially when out of town.

Richard320---I think this is the way to go. Thanks all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.