Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Maytronics Solara Heating panels

1. Back To Top    #1

Maytronics Solara Heating panels

Anyone have any feedback on these 2'x4' panels that are supposed to be as good as a full size roof panel? I have seen a few questions posted but no real feedback. All 3 of my local supply stores are pushing these. I want to know if they are worth a $250 investment each as I will need at least 2 for my 15x30 pool.
    ~SALT LIFE~
    15x30x54" Above ground braceless
    D.E. filter w 1.5HP pump
    Intex Crystal Clear Salt Chlorinator

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Maytronics Solara Heating panels

Wow! first post in five years!! How did that happen? Please add your city and state to your profile.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!!!

Solar heating is all about sqft exposure to the sun. IIRC the glazed panels are only helpful if you have a very large temp difference between the air and the pool water. Generally the non-glazed panels will provide more heat per sqft in typical pool applications.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by 19rjs99 View Post
    Anyone have any feedback on these 2'x4' panels that are supposed to be as good as a full size roof panel? I have seen a few questions posted but no real feedback. All 3 of my local supply stores are pushing these. I want to know if they are worth a $250 investment each as I will need at least 2 for my 15x30 pool.
    Not possible. Solar pool panels in many cases are well over 80% efficient and you can't exceed 100% efficiency. Solar is mostly about capture area. Do you have a link to the panels?
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!