My chemistry is amazing after test kit and asking for help here..

DrDan

Mar 23, 2016
East Tennessee
Apologies for cluttering the forum with a simple Thank You post, but I'm so happy that I chose TFP over what my pool store recommended. I've had a perfectly balanced and beautiful pool for almost 2 months. With TFP balancing I ended up not handing over $336 to my pool store. After just a little bit of studying, it's so easy.

I did go back to my pool store to grab a skimmer basket, in the interest of time. The lady was surprised and said she wondered what happened to me. After telling her that I balanced it on my own, she honest to God said, "well you better bring some water in for a test because while it may look good, I'd say your numbers are all out of whack."

After reciting my current FC, CC, TC, TA, pH, and CYA from memory (I had just did a full test that morning), she charged me for my basket without saying another word. Haha.. that was fun.

OK, again sorry to clutter with a silly post like this, but Thanks everyone. I'm sold! TFP forever. :)

Dan

Nice job! Thanks for saying thanks! We don't ever get tired of hearing about clean, clear pools. Post some pics and we will oooh ahh about them! Here is a whack for the pool store lady! :hammer: :-D

Those darn pool store ladies...they know it all...until you prove they don't!

Honestly, love it to hear you saved the money. I paid 1500 a year for service guy back in the day, then did it myself with pool store testing for a few years. Never could get rid of occasional algae blooms on the walls - until I came here, bought my TF kit. Now, it's like brushing my teeth - test every day. Some might call that overkill, but it so gives me peace of mind!

Congrats on your success!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.