Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My chemistry is amazing after test kit and asking for help here..

1. Back To Top    #1

My chemistry is amazing after test kit and asking for help here..

Apologies for cluttering the forum with a simple Thank You post, but I'm so happy that I chose TFP over what my pool store recommended. I've had a perfectly balanced and beautiful pool for almost 2 months. With TFP balancing I ended up not handing over $336 to my pool store. After just a little bit of studying, it's so easy.

I did go back to my pool store to grab a skimmer basket, in the interest of time. The lady was surprised and said she wondered what happened to me. After telling her that I balanced it on my own, she honest to God said, "well you better bring some water in for a test because while it may look good, I'd say your numbers are all out of whack."

After reciting my current FC, CC, TC, TA, pH, and CYA from memory (I had just did a full test that morning), she charged me for my basket without saying another word. Haha.. that was fun.

OK, again sorry to clutter with a silly post like this, but Thanks everyone. I'm sold! TFP forever.

Dan
    IG, Vinyl
    Sand Filter, Hayward
    AquaGenie skimmer basket with chlorine tab tray
    No water restrictions; city water

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My chemistry is amazing after test kit and asking for help here..

No need to apologize we love hearing the success stories!
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Yes, thank you much for sharing! If I could frame a pool store story, this would be the one!
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

More! More! More! This is the kind of "clutter" we feed off of!!!!! This kind of post is why we do what we do..........see we are all volunteers! Saying that though...you can become a supporting member CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! to help keep the web site up. WE don't get paid but we sure do have to pay for the site hehe!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Nice job! Thanks for saying thanks! We don't ever get tired of hearing about clean, clear pools. Post some pics and we will oooh ahh about them! Here is a whack for the pool store lady!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Those darn pool store ladies...they know it all...until you prove they don't!

Honestly, love it to hear you saved the money. I paid 1500 a year for service guy back in the day, then did it myself with pool store testing for a few years. Never could get rid of occasional algae blooms on the walls - until I came here, bought my TF kit. Now, it's like brushing my teeth - test every day. Some might call that overkill, but it so gives me peace of mind!

Congrats on your success!
    16K gal, IG Free-Form Plaster (1986), 1 HP Pentair Superflo pump, PAC FAB FNS-36 DE Filter, Polaris 280, Screened, Cool Deck.
    Solar Heater
    TF-100 Test Kit