I was so proud of myself this year. Stayed on top of things and never had a green pool to deal with. Well yesterday I pull back the cover to take a water sample and see some green around the steps in the deep end and around the light. Not bad but I need to take care of it. Pull the cover completely off, give it a thorough brushing then run my tests and determine where my shock level is. I shock it and then 30 minutes later check pH. It's high, so I bring that down. Keep testing and all is good and water clears up nicely.
Before bed I test the chlorine, and then first thing this morning before work. It's at the same level. Is it possible to be done with shocking after just one day/night? It seems to me that it should take longer.
Thanks in advance.