Perma Salt System

May 22, 2016
Bayside, NY
Hi all. I would like to start by saying I know that the Perma Salt System is not a preferred method by the majority on this site but we have been using it for 4 years now and have not had any issues. After reading all the posts here about this system, I decided to get rid of it BUT my wife (the boss) insists that we use it again this year since we have never had any issues with the pool or the health of our kids using it. She fell in love with this system because I owned my own business and was working 90 hours a week. With this system it was easy for her since all she had to do is add Klairate & Activate every 2 weeks and nothing else to do as far as maintnence. With the fact that she had to maintain the pool and raise 2 young children and me not being around, it was a good solution for her.

Since then my business has shut down and I am now home more....a lot more and figured I would switch to more conventional pool maintnence as recommended on this site BUT she refuses so we are moving forward with Perma Salt again for this season and will dicuss any changes over the winter for next year. Now to my question, I was about to buy everything from a pool store for the system and the prices are out of control. After my business closed, I need to be more money conscious so I am wondering if anyone here would know if I can buy similar items as the Klairate & Activate that the perma salt systems says to use. I am sure there is something out there that is exactly the same that costs much lower

If you are maintaining the pool, just follow the TFP recommendations and she may never know ... except for the extra money left over ;)

I have no idea what is in those products but I imagine they are explained somewhere in the Forum if you search

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.