Think it's time for a new cartridge...

Jun 25, 2013
Green Bay, WI
So i've got a Aqua Tools cartridge filter on my pool (came with house) and i think it's time for a new one.
The pressure of the water coming out at the nozzle in the pool at the end of last season was pretty dismal, but when i closed up the pool for the winter the filter was pretty dirty.
I cleaned it (just hosed it down with water) at that time before putting it away and this is what it looks like now, kinda greyish color:
Filter.jpg

Is it time for a new one?

I found a Sta-Rite replacement for around $106 shipped.

If the current one won't suffice anymore, maybe i'll use it to open the pool in spring and then once it's up and running good i'll swap in the new one for "in season" use.

Thoughts?

that filter looks like it has seen better days :) it is probably just not letting your water flow very well, less water pressure from the return... They usually last a couple years, some more, some less..

As for reusing it I probably would not, you want the most flow though your filter when opening and that will be less... but if it still has some good flow through the filter it wont hurt anything :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.