Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Think it's time for a new cartridge...

1. Back To Top    #1

Green Bay, WI

Think it's time for a new cartridge...

So i've got a Aqua Tools cartridge filter on my pool (came with house) and i think it's time for a new one.
    The pressure of the water coming out at the nozzle in the pool at the end of last season was pretty dismal, but when i closed up the pool for the winter the filter was pretty dirty.
    I cleaned it (just hosed it down with water) at that time before putting it away and this is what it looks like now, kinda greyish color:

Is it time for a new one?

I found a Sta-Rite replacement for around $106 shipped.

If the current one won't suffice anymore, maybe i'll use it to open the pool in spring and then once it's up and running good i'll swap in the new one for "in season" use.

Doughboy 24' x 48" (AG), AQUA Tools Cartridge Filter, Frog System
    2004 Sundance Cameo SPA

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Think it's time for a new cartridge...

that filter looks like it has seen better days it is probably just not letting your water flow very well, less water pressure from the return... They usually last a couple years, some more, some less..

As for reusing it I probably would not, you want the most flow though your filter when opening and that will be less... but if it still has some good flow through the filter it wont hurt anything
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **