How much does FC consuption increase with temperature

440dodge440

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 7, 2015
South Central PA
I have a 1 week trip coming up in early June. This is my first year with a Stenner auto feeding LC. My intention was to monitor the FC consumption so I can proactively adjust for warming temperatures while I'm gone. However, it hasn't warmed up yet this year so I have no data. It looks like 80-90 deg temperatures coming up just in time for the trip. Current water temperature is mid 50's, but I assume the warm up will be in place while I'm gone. I currently add about 7 oz daily. Is there any way to predict or estimate how much FC consumption increases with temperature? The pool will have a solar cover on the entire time.

Run your FC a point or two higher with it covered and you should be just fine. We also recommend taking your pool to near SLAM level before you take off for that long too. It's a loooooong way from 50 to get to where any increase in water temp is gonna kill ya'!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.